Licenza Creative Commons

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

24 Hours of Neon


My first attempt at HDR tone mapping timelapse.
We start off with normal timelapse and then go into the 3 and 7 bracket tone mapped HDR timelapses.

I wanted to create a sense of colour and insanity that Las Vegas gives you. All from one view point. My balcony. With that restriction can you do it? Well I did it before in my two previous timelapses...
This was harder in a way as there was no single focal point like in the Sydney Harbour piece or the Space Needle piece.
I made a virtue of the HDR tone mapping with the change of pace in the music and also my use of bookends which I love.
There is a very detailed commentary on my website which goes into each shot in detail. It's worth a listen.
Music is from "Moon" by the brilliant Clint Mansell

No comments: